MRN Board of Directors for 2013
The MRN Statewide Board of Directors provides guidance and direction for all affairs of the Missouri Recovery Network, conducts long-range planning, assists in funding plans, and defines MRN policy. When fully developed, the council may consist of 20 persons, representing various areas of the state, based on a regional formula.
Expectations for Becoming a Board Member of the Missouri Recovery Network (MRN) Statewide Board of Directors
- Board members must be/become MRN members.
- Board members must attend 80% of all meetings.
(Special circumstances will be excused)
- Board members will provide leadership to MRN, support and consultation to the MRN Director.
- Board members will assist in developing collaborative efforts among MRN members, friends and allies of recovery, treatment providers, recovery support providers, local communities, those in personal recovery, and other stakeholders.
- MRN recognizes that there are diverse paths to recovery and recovery support. Although individual members may be more familiar with a particular path to recovery, the Board does not prefer or endorse one particular path or model to substance abuse recovery.
- Board members will develop and maintain relationships with local officials as well as state legislators.
- Board members are expected to share MRN’s messages with their community, local leaders and elected officials.
- Board members will assist with rallying grassroots advocacy support as needed within their local areas and statewide.
- Board members will promote policy change at the local and state level as directed by the MRN.
- Board members will assist with all MRN functions and events.
- Board members will be willing to provide oral and/or written testimony on behalf of MRN to legislative panels and at hearings of proposed legislation which affect the vision and/or mission of MRN.
- If any Board member realizes after his/her appointment that he/she cannot attend and commit adequate time to the MRN statewide meetings and activities as required above, said Board member will remove himself/herself from the council.
Judie Didriksen, Board Chair, Faces and Voices of Recovery
TIP: Click on the Board Members name to send an email message.
Recovery Support Specialist
Signature Behavioral Healthcare
The 2014 MRN Board of Directors meeting dates are listed below. All physical meetings will be held at Jefferson City Police Department, Jefferson City, MO with the exception of April 24 & 25.
- January 17- physical meeting in Jeff City (10-3)
- February 21- physical meeting in Jeff City (10-3)
- March 5 – MRN Recovery Day at the Capitol
- April 24-25 – MRN Stretegic Planning Retreat in Jeff City
- May 23 – conference call (10-noon)
- June 27 – physical meeting in Jeff City (10-3)
- July – NO MEETING
- August 8 - conference call (10-noon)
- September- RECOVERY MONTH- no meeting. Board members are expected to plan and/or attend a recovery event in their local area
- October 24 – conference call (10-noon)
- November 21 – physical meeting in Jeff City (10-3) HOLIDAY PARTY
- December – NO Meeting
Call 573-634-1029 for more current information about the MRN Board of Directors.
1905 Stadium Blvd *PO Box 104146 Jefferson City, MO 65110
phone: 573-634-1029 * fax: 816-318-3247