The Missouri Department of Mental Health â€“ Division of Behavioral Health (DBH) and the Department of Secondary Education â€“ Vocational Rehabilitation has announced the Alternative OpportunitiesÂ Individualized Placement and Support (IPS)Â Program will be receiving theÂ 2015 DBH Outstanding Performer in Employment Award!Â The award will be presented at the Spring Training Institute at Tan-Tar-A Resort on Friday, May 29, at 9:00 am.Â Congratulations to Alternative OpportunitiesÂ Treatment Services and Alternative OpportunitiesÂ Employment Services for collaborating in developing and implementing this program!
The IPS Program was selected for the following reasons:
- 1st (and only) CSTAR (Comprehensive Substance Treatment and Rehabilitation) program in Missouri to implement Individual Placement and Support
- Baseline fidelity review June, 2013 â€“ achieved Good Fidelity which is rare for new sites & highest in Missouri
- Currently has highest Exemplary Fidelity Score in the Missouri IPS Collaborative.
- Agency leadership support resulted in major culture change within the organization with therapists and case workers adopting zero exclusion philosophy to promote competitive employment for persons going through treatment for substance use.
- Excellent collaborative relationship with Springfield Drug and Mental Health Courts.
- Excellent collaborative partnership with Vocational Rehabilitation Regional Office.
- Creative financial incentives for AO Employment Specialists to promote job development and employer relationships resulting in person-centered job placements.
- Has achieved an agency 75% penetration/access rate for number of people served in the employment program (2014 4th Quarter Outcome Report).
- Vocational Rehabilitation outcomes since 2013: 52 people successfully rehabilitated with jobs; only 5 closed without successful jobs.