Unite to Face Addiction is organizing a rally on October 4, 2015, on the National Mall in Washington, DC. Never before have tens of thousands of citizens stood up in the nation’s captol to speak with one voice about the public health crisis impacting more than 85 million of our fellow Americans.
The Missouri Recovery Network is proud to be a partner for this historic event, and we are inviting YOU to be one of the many people coming to Washington, DC to join in a show of solidarity and collective force to help the 22 million Americans with addiction, support prevention for those net yet affected, stand up for the 23 million more in recovery, and urgently act to save the 350 lives lost each day.
Here are a few things that you can do today to join in the mobilization:
- Go to www.facingaddiction.org and sign up as an individual or become a partnering organization
- Mark your calendar and commit to be in Washington, DC on October 4, 2015
- Find two friends who will come with you
- Share your story about why you’re coming at www.facingaddiction.org
- Be a bus captain and fill a bus with people to come together to Washington, DC at www.facingaddiction.org